Employment - We are Hiring
Are you someone who maintains a great positive attitude, even in busy stressful times, and just gets stuff done, with a smile on your face?
If this is you, you may be the person we are looking for!
We are looking for a new team member to work at our shop/factory in Beenleigh. Poppy's Chocolate brings joy to people locally and all around Australia and if you are a happy joyful person, this could be the perfect fit for you.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- serving customers in the shop and over the phone
- packing and dispatch of online and wholesale orders
- packing chocolates
- assisting with other operational duties
- problem solving
- assisting with creation of new hampers and promotions
Being a small business, your role is critical to our business success and your work ethic must match with the positive attitudes of our team.
- Exceptional customer sales and service both in person and on the phone
- Pick and Pack customer orders (online and wholesale) for dispatch
- Packing chocolates (by hand) fast, efficiently and with attention to detail
- Some data entry and computer use for orders and booking couriers
- Merchandise retail area to maximise sales
- Organising Icepacks and packing orders with icepacks
- Cleaning and maintaining a clean work environment
- Inventory management
Essential personal qualities (be honest - if this is not you, don't apply):
- A positive “can do” attitude with high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Reliable & Consistent
- Respectful – gossip & pettiness do not belong in Poppy’s
- Versatile – “not my job” does not belong in your vocabulary
- Fast at packing whilst still upholding quality standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident and courteous disposition when speaking with customers
- Accountable and responsible - you own your mistakes, learn from them & accept responsibility
- Superior time management skills - can manage numerous high priorities at any one time and stay calm
- Team Work - can work well within a team and respect other team members
- Initiative and desire to constantly improve and embrace change
- An ability to handle stress – we have peak times when it can be extremely busy and you need to be able to take it in your stride and get the work done and orders out
- Excellent attention to detail & high quality standards
- Learn quickly and develop an extensive product knowledge
- A love and appreciation of chocolate
Essential job requirements:
- Must be able to work efficiently and well unsupervised on your own and at a very fast pace. Speed is critical.
- Minimum 3-5 years work experience in this type of role (sorry, this is not a junior role or a role for someone with no experience) although other work experience will definitely be considered if you are looking for a career change.
- Experience in Packing an advantage
- Must be able to converse with customers on the phone and in person
- Experience in Inventory and understanding of the operational flow of a business
- Repetitive work involved so physical strength is essential and you must be able to stand all day
- Experience on Excel and Word preferred
- Ability to maintain Health and Safety standards & follow company procedures/policies
- Own reliable transport and licence (public transport is not good to our location)
- Availability during peak periods (no annual leave leading up to Easter and Christmas)
- Jewellery and long nails are not allowed under our Health & Safety rules
- Poppy’s Chocolate is a non-smoking work environment
- Poppy’s has a zero tolerance for bullying, pettiness & gossip
- Poppy’s Chocolate is a non-discriminatory employer.
Note: This is not a chocolate making role. If this is why you want to work in our business, please do not apply as we do not want you to be disappointed.
This position is only open to permanent residents SE Qld - do not apply if you are here on a visa. We are looking for a long term employee to work Mon-Fri 8.00-4.00. Occasional additional weekend or after hours work may be required.
The successful applicant should ideally be located within a 30 minute drive from the factory.
Please email your resume AND cover letter addressing why you think you are suitable for this position, availability and what relevant experience you have (applications without cover letters are not considered) to: email@example.com
Job Listed 21/07/2022